Streaming Online for Home Use:
BURNED can be streamed online and on-demand worldwide in private homes only. This does NOT include Public Performance Rights. Screening a Home Use stream for an audience is a violation of copyright law. For Public Performance and Educational Use go to the main menu Watch>Institutional Use.
- Watch Now: Stream Feature-length version (74 minutes)
- Watch Now: Stream US/UK/EU version (45 minutes) (coming soon)
- Watch Now: Stream Broadcast-length version (30 minutes)
DVD Purchase for Home Use
BURNED can be screened using a purchased DVD in private homes only. This does NOT include Public Performance Rights. Screening a Home Use DVD for an audience is a violation of copyright law. For Public Performance and Educational Use go to the main menu Watch>Institutional Use.
Please choose the version you would prefer:
- DVD Feature-length version (74 minutes) – Cost: $25 including shipping.
- DVD US/UK/EU version (45 minutes) – Cost: $20 including shipping.
- DVD Broadcast-length version (30 minutes) – Cost: $20 including shipping.
Descriptions of BURNED Versions
To help you in making a choice about which version of BURNED to stream or purchase:
- 74 minute version – The feature-length version of BURNED includes coverage of the biomass pellet industry in the southeastern US and the influence of the UK and EU renewable energy directive (REDII) on policies, subsidies, and the industry’s very existence. It also includes sections on the US biomass industry’s chip-burning facilities (Berlin, New Hampshire), waste-to-energy facilities (L’Anse, Michigan), and forest ecology. The 74” version was created for general audiences interested in a comprehensive account of the issue, industry, science, policy, and effects on forests. This version is closed-captioned.
- 45 minute version – This version of BURNED focuses on the biomass pellet industry in the southeastern US and its stimulus from UK and EU policies and subsidies. It does not include segments on free-standing biomass and waste-to-energy plants in the US or on forest ecology. This version was created for audiences who want to understand the issue primarily at industrial pellet production ground zero in the southeast and in the EU where policy is driving that industry and US forest destruction.
- 30 minute version – This broadcast-length version of BURNED spotlights in shortened form the southeastern US biomass pellet industry and EU/UK connection, while also covering the condensed stories of US biomass chip-burning facilities (NH) and waste-to-energy plants (MI). The forest ecology segments are not included.